- Protected Areas
- Support CMLC
- Get Involved
- Landowner Resources
- News & Events
Pardee & CMLC Hiking Challenge 4
Eight Hikes. Free Gear. Save Land.
TAKE THE PARDEE & CMLC WHITE SQUIRREL HIKING CHALLENGE 4!
We've partnered with Pardee Hospital to bring you our new White Squirrel Hiking Challenge 4!
We want to take you to exciting destinations--including brand new trails and recently protected lands. The Pardee & CMLC White Squirrel Hiking Challenge encourages outdoor enthusiasts—and anyone interested in keeping western North Carolina’s mountains beautiful—to explore and discover the lands that Carolina Mountain Land Conservancy has helped preserve while staying active and improving your health.
1) Bearwallow Mountain
2) DuPont SRF: Grassy Creek Falls
3) Fryingpan Mountain Lookout Tower
4) Headwaters State Forest
5) Rhododendron Lake Nature Park
6) The Park at Flat Rock
7) Wildcat Rock
8) Your Choice: Float French Broad or Hike Little Bearwallow
Select a hike above for trailhead directions & trail descriptions
WHITE SQUIRREL HIKING CHALLENGE 4
WSHC Champions who are CMLC Members* or Pardee Participants will receive a Congratulary Package upon completing the Challenge. The package includes:
- The famous white squirrel embroidered hiking patch
- A certificate of completion
- Recognition in our online and print publications
- A $10 gift certificate for hiking gear at Hendersonville's Mast General Store!
*Please note for CMLC participants: You do not need to be a CMLC member to enroll and start the Hiking Challenge, but you do need to be a CMLC member to receive your Congratulatory Package.
Hike to support land conservation as, together, we continue our pursuit of saving the places you love.
Not done with Hiking Challenge 3? No problem! Click here to finish this challenge.
Want to become a CMLC Member? Join today!