Wednesday, July 18th is International National Mandela Day, a day to inspire and challenge citizens to do service in their communities and be a global force for good. Please stand with the Carolina Mountain Land Conservancy in celebrating and honoring the life and achievements of Nelson Mandela, who spent 67 years of his life fighting for equality and justice, by donating at least 67 minutes of your time to making the world a better place. CMLC will be offering several activities for youth as well as a service opportunity for adults that will fulfill the challenge set forth for the day.
Planned activities and events for the day include:
- An opportunity to learn about the mission of CMLC and the life of Nelson Mandela
- An educational guided plant walk showcasing native plants
- Stewardship volunteer opportunity in CMLC's Community Arboretum
- Scavenger hunt and crafts for youth (with prizes!)
- Refreshments, and a chance to socialize with other individuals who are passionate about making the world a better place
This event will run from 10 AM to 2 PM, with scheduled service and activities throughout.
If you are interested in attending, to do service or for arts and crafts, please RSVP with the number planning to attend. For RSVPs or general questions on the event, please contact Mark van der Linden at 828-697-5777, ext 211, or by emailing here.
If you're curious about the day, please visit the International Nelson Mandela Day website!